Adapted from New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant
- 4 tbs Ghee*
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 tbs Spice Islands Spicy Curry Powder*
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped (110 grams)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into half-moons (144 grams)
- 2 large potatoes, cubed (738 grams)
- 10 oz frozen or fresh cauliflower, cut into florets (284 grams)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can Diced Italian Tomatoes
- 1 cup green peas (288 grams)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
Melt the ghee in a large pan. Add spices and onions and cook on low heat until the onions are translucent. Be very careful not to burn the spices. Add the garlic and ginger and continue to saute.
Add the carrots and cook several minutes. Add the potatoes and tomatoes and cook a few minutes more. Add the cauliflower and stir well to coat all the vegetables with the spice mixture. Add the water, cover the pan, and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the potatoes are tender but not completely cooked, add the peas and coconut milk. Simmer covered for 10 to 15 minutes longer. The vegetables should retain their bright color.
- Can also use Canola oil.